Please be advised that in light of COVID-19 and following HSE and Government advice we are operating a closed gate policy at Ballyhoura Apple Farm in order to limit access to authorised persons only. This step is for the safety of both our staff and customers and will help us to continue operating in these difficult times. We are continuing supply of our products to over 400 outlets nationwide including Lidl, Aldi, SuperValu and Centra. We have taken steps at Ballyhoura Apple Farm to help our staff work safely maintaining appropriate physical distances and in line with HSE guidelines. If you have a query please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or if urgent contact Maurice on 087 2741863. Thank you for your co-operation during this time.
Ballyhoura Apple Farm
Ballyhoura Apple Farm is located in the beautiful hillside town of Kilfinane, Co Limerick. Here at Ballyhoura Apple Farm we value our roots in the local community and cherish Ireland’s traditions of localism, co-operation, support and friendship. One of our core objectives is to ensure that we make a fitting contribution to the community of which we are proud to be a part. Ballyhoura Apple Farm was founded in 2004 in Churchtown in North Cork by Gerry Murphy and Maurice Gilbert. In a Herculean manoeuvre the 4,500 tree orchard was moved - lock, stock and barrel - from Churchtown to Kilfinane in 2014. Maurice Gilbert is CEO and chief mixologist at Ballyhoura Apple Farm and is constantly working on new product development and marketing. Our favourite picture of the orchard was taken in June 2015 where you can just see Kilfinane Church steeple in the distance. We think our Orchard is such a beautiful and serene place but we know we are biased! Health and wellness are to the fore in our product development. It is Maurice’s belief that the blending of our juices must contribute to the overall wellness of our customers. This is evident in the choice of blends already developed.
The fruit and vegetable used in Ballyhoura Apple Farm juices support other food producers in the local community and help to create and sustain local employment. Our use of recycled packaging, glass bottles and wooden bins and NO AIR MILES helps us maintain a low carbon footprint. The overall “cost” to the community represents really good value.
Best Selling Products
Apple Juice (750ml) x12
Ballyhoura Apple Farms first product. In 2009 we started producing our natural apple juice. Each bottle contains, on average, 14 of our own handpicked apples.
Full of taste and flavour and continues to be among our best sellers. This award winning premium apple juice is a favourite with children and adults alike.
Pure Raw Irish Apple Cider Vinegar (500ml) x12
Raw, with the “Mother Culture”, Unpasteurised, Unfiltered, Naturally Antibiotic & Antibacterial.
As always, remember ACV has a natural acidic PH and should be diluted. Rinse out the mouth after use. Test a little under your chin to check for allergic reaction. Check with your GP if you are taking medication. BAF accept no liability for misuse.
Used for 2400 years, here are some of the many benefits attributed to Raw Apple Cider Vinegar as a healing agent and natural antibiotic:
- Helps to balance the bodies PH (acid/alkaline)
- May help to reduce blood pressure
- Aches pains/Sports injuries – 3 cups ACV, 1 cup of Epsom Salts in a hot bath, soak & relax, rinse afterwards and feel revived. Keep hydrated during & afterwards.
- Diet-aid – 10ml ACV in 150mls water/BAF juice with or before meals to satiate hunger resulting in less food consumption and weight loss.
- After exercise, it is a natural pick-me-up, helps to remove excess lactic acid which causes muscle discomfort.
- Easy to take – Add 10mls to 250mls Ballyhoura Pure Juices as a natural detox.
- Safe around your children and pets as a non-chemical antibacterial surface cleaner. (Dilute 1 part ACV with 2 parts water and spray on worktops, sinks and floors.
- In the kitchen, add to sauces, salad-dressings, vinegarettes and in bread making.
- Dilute with water and use as a natural skin toner, after shave, hair rinse tonic, mouth freshener
- Helps with Acne
- Kills odour causing bacteria.
- Natural antiseptic, antibacterial
- Treat minor burns, grazes, skin blemishes-dilute 2 parts water with 1 part ACV
- Treat acid reflux – dilute 10mls in a glass of water or BAF juice of your choice.
- Arthritic relief – soak a cloth in diluted ACV and apply to affected area.
Original Irish Red Mulled Apple Juice (750ml) x12
Our premium blend of mulled apple juice with the addition of blackcurrant. Rustic red in colour, with a sharp, mouth-watering flavour.
Gilbert Murphy Hot Friskey (750ml) x12
Served hot, with lemon and cloves, this non alcoholic version of hot whiskey or hot toddy, is perfect for those who want something special.
Apple based, full of flavour and healthy spices, handpicked by our mixologists for their unique taste combinations. Ready blended in the bottle, this beverage has been infused over time and just needs to be heated straight from the bottle. Chosen in the top 100 best new products at the IFE London 2015, with entries from 55 countries worldwide. Awarded Gold at Blas na hEireann 2015.
Apple & Beetroot Juice (750ml) x12
A refreshing sweet earthy taste. Local beetroot is blended in a unique way with our own quality apple juice.
A gentle detox, beetroot is full of antioxidants but should always be blended with a juice, (such as apple juice) that is high in vitamin C . Received Gold at the Great Taste awards 2013, “a truly innovative juice”.
Applesnips (750ml) x12
A unique refreshing juice blend of juicy pure Irish apple juice and Irish sweet parsnips.